Skip to main content

Slacker Blogger

Anywho - I'm back. Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days...I went to Dunkirk Tuesday and then Rochester Wednesday for a few hours, and man, was I tired.

I have to give myself a little slack, as I just had surgery three weeks ago, and am still recovering. Walking around for more than 45 minutes is a little tiresome, but I am getting better I think.

My body is definitely changing, while unfortunately, the number on the scale is not. I am at a bit of a stall, and was actually encouraged from my online buddies to up my calories. I was averaging about 500-600 calories, and yesterday I had about 850. I am hoping that my body will get out of starvation mode, and get back into losing mode. I am going to take a walk today also, as it is one of the few nice days apparently that WNY is having. Hooray!

Next weekend we are traveling off to my future in-laws! I am excited and hope that "pouchy" behaves herself. I would like to go into NYC, and hope that my legs and my pouch allow me to do that. I don't know how much vacation time I am going to have around Christmas and Thanksgiving, so I figure we should go together now. Not a bad way to spend your "disability" time right? :)

Today I started the day of with a no sugar added carnation instant breakfast. It doesn't have as much protein as the bariatric fusion, but it is a lot "thinner" then the thick shakes. It actually tastes pretty good too. For lunch I will probably have some of the white chicken chili from the Cheesecake Factory, and dinner, I may actually cook for JMac and I! (what?!). Probably this Poblano and Onion Chicken Burger (sans bun for me) and some oven fries.

That being said, I better get my butt moving. Thanks for reading ya'll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protein BLITZ!

I totally won the Max Protein contest held by the magnificent EGGFACE !!! My prize was at my doorstep when I got home today! I was so happy! Behold the magical box o'protein: Dang box was hard to open: It kind of felt like Christmas! Fricken packing peanuts are wicked annoying...but the prize is worth it! Dang that crap went everywhere! Yah protein!!! MMMM Mint Chocolate Chip! Hooray!! Thanks Eggface! Let's taste this bizzzzness: Water...check! Protein...all over my hand. Protein...check! Shake what yo momma gave you! The taste..... Excellent! Seriously...this stuff is good: Let's get a closer look: And it is good! Taste: Amazing! Texture: Not very clumpy/lumpy! Vote: Two thumbs up! What a big ass tub of protein! The end! Thanks Eggface!! Oh and special thanks to darling JMac for taking my picture and laughing at me...he gives the protein two thumbs up too!

The ugly truth

The truth is...I'm in recovery. The other truth is emotionally, I'm a disaster. I haven't written in here because the truth is, losing libby was originally about weight loss surgery and how much weight I've weight I lost. In the past few months, more emotionally damning crap has happened to me, my family, my parent(s), my brother, and many people in my ever shrinking circle. I am an addict. I am well educated. I live in the suburbs. I have a child. I have serious mental health issues. I tell you all of the ugly in an attempt to hold myself accountable for the things I have done, the things I have put my family through, and most important...what I have done to myself. If you would have told me five years ago or so that I would be unemployed, filing for disability, and doing medication assisted treatment for addiction...I would have laughed in your face and said you were crazy. The truth is, like many other Americans, I'm not the only one. How d

Attempting to blog…everyday.

Starting today I am going to blog everyday.  Quit laughing…No seriously.  I really enjoying blogging.  It helps me stay focused and keep me in check.  Plus I keep pimping this blog out at the support group meetings and then I never update so alas, here we go.  Goals for October: 1.  Blog everyday (minus yesterday…I don’t count it because it was a Friday :) ) 2.  Lose 10lbs by the end of the month 3.  Track my food via The Daily Plate (via Livestrong) 4.  Move my sweet arse a bit more than as of late (which really means, I haven’t done anything since May) So we covered numero uno, no onto…. 2.  I have instituted a weight loss challenge to the cult.  Who ever loses the most weight percentage wise by the end of the year wins a lemon drop martini.  I am going to try to do 10 lbs every month.  I am at a standstill weight wise (due to number 4 probably being non-existent), so time to get cracking.  3.  For some reason, this has been just as difficult as blogging!  WTF!?