Skip to main content

Lazy Sunday

Today turned out to be a beautiful day, and this weekend was perfect.

Friday we went out to a delicious dinner. We went to a "seafood house", where I ordered the broiled seafood platter. Of course, it was huge, but I wanted to try a little of each part of it. It came with broiled haddock, scallops and shrimp. The sides were salt potatoes and coleslaw. My favorite part of it were the scallops and the haddock...they were so soft and tender. God it was good. The best part, was that I finally felt NORMAL again, that I could go out to dinner with my boyfriend, and eat! Grant it, not a lot, but it was perfect. I felt good...everything has been settling nicely in pouchy when it comes to food.
After that we decided to head out to a coffee house to hear some music, and explore a bit. The music was so so, but I was happy to see they had an array of sugar free syrups. I ordered a nonfat sugar free chocolate raspberry latte. I did FAIL when I forgot to order decaf. Needless to say I survived, but I only drank about 1/4 of it. I felt satisfied, but more importantly, happy. Happy not from the food, but from being able to go on a date again!

Saturday turned out to be pretty random as well. I decided to make dinner, consisting of grilled chicken tenders, wegmans delicious baked potato salad, and corn on the cob. I ate 1 tender, with hot sauce and my home made greek yogurt blue cheese (twas good!), about 2 tbs. of the potato salad, and with the assistance of my new handy dandy corn zipper, 1/2 a zip of corn (the nerve!). Needless to say, I didn't die from the corn. We tried to eat outside, but there were two fricken bees bombarding us!

Then we sat around for a bit, I had a schwans healthy creation bar, and relaxed. Then I forced Jay to go to see the legendary Lance Diamond at a bar in Buffalo. I ordered up my delicious bottled water and added in my own crystal light. It felt nice to be out, and I was out till 3 a.m.! Whoa!

We went to Elmwood Taco and Sub after the bar was starting to get filled up with sketch balls, and I ate about 4 tbs. of the inside of a beef and refried black bean burrito. It was kind of hilarious to be eating that late and post RNY, but it was normal. I ate basically the cheese and meat/bean stuff, a slice of tomato (what?!) and a very very very little bit of lettuce. Oh and a couple bits of the shell. It was so good...so normal.

My point of posting all this nonsense, is that eventually, you feel normal again. You start to feel like a twenty something that can go out, drink (water for now :)), and enjoy late nite food in your town. Did I eat even HALF of what I ordered, heck no, but was I happy that I could at least partake in the party, heck yes.

I am four weeks out this week. I am feeling great, and I am going to start exercising tomorrow. Here's to chapter two of this adventure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protein BLITZ!

I totally won the Max Protein contest held by the magnificent EGGFACE !!! My prize was at my doorstep when I got home today! I was so happy! Behold the magical box o'protein: Dang box was hard to open: It kind of felt like Christmas! Fricken packing peanuts are wicked annoying...but the prize is worth it! Dang that crap went everywhere! Yah protein!!! MMMM Mint Chocolate Chip! Hooray!! Thanks Eggface! Let's taste this bizzzzness: Water...check! Protein...all over my hand. Protein...check! Shake what yo momma gave you! The taste..... Excellent! Seriously...this stuff is good: Let's get a closer look: And it is good! Taste: Amazing! Texture: Not very clumpy/lumpy! Vote: Two thumbs up! What a big ass tub of protein! The end! Thanks Eggface!! Oh and special thanks to darling JMac for taking my picture and laughing at me...he gives the protein two thumbs up too!

The ugly truth

The truth is...I'm in recovery. The other truth is emotionally, I'm a disaster. I haven't written in here because the truth is, losing libby was originally about weight loss surgery and how much weight I've weight I lost. In the past few months, more emotionally damning crap has happened to me, my family, my parent(s), my brother, and many people in my ever shrinking circle. I am an addict. I am well educated. I live in the suburbs. I have a child. I have serious mental health issues. I tell you all of the ugly in an attempt to hold myself accountable for the things I have done, the things I have put my family through, and most important...what I have done to myself. If you would have told me five years ago or so that I would be unemployed, filing for disability, and doing medication assisted treatment for addiction...I would have laughed in your face and said you were crazy. The truth is, like many other Americans, I'm not the only one. How d...

Highs, Lows, and coming to blows

I have not blogged since June, before my munchkin was born. I have been struggling. I have been happy, sad, and everything in between. I constantly feel in limbo, not only about motherhood, but just life in general. I am going to be the first to admit that I definitely let my health and weight loss goals go to complete shit after I had this guy: He is perfect. His mother, though, is not. A few of my friends have starting blogging. Some about weight loss, mommy-hood, couponing, you name it. They all inspired me to start writing in this again. I was going to start a new blog, but then I thought ya know what, I'm still me. Deep down in this dark hole I have created, the old me is there. The person I once was. I hope you'll bear with me on this journey to find happiness and health again. I know it's there. March 1, 2012 Weight: too fricken scary to even get on scale, maybe tomorrow. Mood: Mediocre to Blah Day: Typical - nothing bad or good to report