Skip to main content

Survey Says!

So long time no blog! Dang I am busy! I started working full time again, and I am going to school part time. I am driving twice a week to Rochester (about an hour and a half from where I work) and then 3 hours of class, then an hour back home! Gahhhh. Very very very tired. Very very stressed!

While I was driving home Tuesday, after a particularly stressful day, I realized that I definitely turned to food to relieve stress. The good/bad part is that when you physically can not eat (because your stomach is the size of a walnut (or more), you can't resort back to those habits. You need to actually use some good coping skills. Shit.

I loved food. I still do love food. It's satisfying, it's comforting, and pleasurable. When you feel like crap, food can make you feel better. When you are sad, it can make it go away (for a bit), its a vicious cycle, and I can see how people can get a bit obsessive about food.

How did I deal with said stressful day? I resorted back to my old friend music. I used to blog a lot about music, and particular lyrics that stood out to me, etc...I haven't been too impressed by new music, nothing really deep or satisfying to me. Finally I stumbled upon the new Ingrid Michaelson album. I love it. It is passionate, deep, and satisfying to my soul. I highly recommend the song Are We There Yet? It really resonated with me.

And now...a tale from the scale. I am down a total of 24(!) inches since July 7. I am also down 67lbs (!) I am almost to the point where I may actually tell you people how much I weigh! I feel great, minus being all tired and moderately cranky!

Thanks for reading...more soon I hope :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protein BLITZ!

I totally won the Max Protein contest held by the magnificent EGGFACE !!! My prize was at my doorstep when I got home today! I was so happy! Behold the magical box o'protein: Dang box was hard to open: It kind of felt like Christmas! Fricken packing peanuts are wicked annoying...but the prize is worth it! Dang that crap went everywhere! Yah protein!!! MMMM Mint Chocolate Chip! Hooray!! Thanks Eggface! Let's taste this bizzzzness: Water...check! Protein...all over my hand. Protein...check! Shake what yo momma gave you! The taste..... Excellent! Seriously...this stuff is good: Let's get a closer look: And it is good! Taste: Amazing! Texture: Not very clumpy/lumpy! Vote: Two thumbs up! What a big ass tub of protein! The end! Thanks Eggface!! Oh and special thanks to darling JMac for taking my picture and laughing at me...he gives the protein two thumbs up too!

The ugly truth

The truth is...I'm in recovery. The other truth is emotionally, I'm a disaster. I haven't written in here because the truth is, losing libby was originally about weight loss surgery and how much weight I've weight I lost. In the past few months, more emotionally damning crap has happened to me, my family, my parent(s), my brother, and many people in my ever shrinking circle. I am an addict. I am well educated. I live in the suburbs. I have a child. I have serious mental health issues. I tell you all of the ugly in an attempt to hold myself accountable for the things I have done, the things I have put my family through, and most important...what I have done to myself. If you would have told me five years ago or so that I would be unemployed, filing for disability, and doing medication assisted treatment for addiction...I would have laughed in your face and said you were crazy. The truth is, like many other Americans, I'm not the only one. How d...

Highs, Lows, and coming to blows

I have not blogged since June, before my munchkin was born. I have been struggling. I have been happy, sad, and everything in between. I constantly feel in limbo, not only about motherhood, but just life in general. I am going to be the first to admit that I definitely let my health and weight loss goals go to complete shit after I had this guy: He is perfect. His mother, though, is not. A few of my friends have starting blogging. Some about weight loss, mommy-hood, couponing, you name it. They all inspired me to start writing in this again. I was going to start a new blog, but then I thought ya know what, I'm still me. Deep down in this dark hole I have created, the old me is there. The person I once was. I hope you'll bear with me on this journey to find happiness and health again. I know it's there. March 1, 2012 Weight: too fricken scary to even get on scale, maybe tomorrow. Mood: Mediocre to Blah Day: Typical - nothing bad or good to report